With St Patrick's Day coming up, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Irish Restaurant's and events on St Patrick's day in my hometown, St Augustine. No particular order.
1. Meehans Irish Pub– Located on Matanzas Bay, you will enjoy great food along with great views of Matanzas Bay. On St Patty's day, you can enjoy bagpipers and Irish dancers all day.
2. Barley Republic Irish Public House & Restaurant– Another favorite Irish Restaurant,and also located in the Historic distirict of downtown St Augustine. On St Patty's day you will also enjoy live music, bag-pipes and Irish dancers at Barley's. They are also hosting thier 3rd annual Guinness Pint competition. Event starts at noon.
For more information, visit their website at http://www.barleyrepublicph.com/about.html
3. Ann O'Malley's Deli & Pub- Ann O'Malley's is St Augustine's oldest Irish Pub and is also located in downtown St Augustine. At Ann O'Malley's you will also enjoy Celtic Music and great food on St Patty's Day and everyday!
For more information you can visit their website at http://annomalleys.com/
4. Donovan's Irish Pub- In 2013 Donovan's was voted in the Top 10 Irish Pub's in the World according to Ireland's of the Welcomes Magazine. On St Patty's day, like all of our Irish Pub's you can enjoy bag-pipes, great food and Irish Dancers all day and night. Visit their website at http://www.donovansirishpub.com/event/st-patricks-day/
5. Celtic Fesitival and St Patrick's Day Parade- You don't want to miss the annual 2015 Celtic Festival and St Parick's Day Parade in downtown St Augustine. Event is March 14th and starts at 10:00 am.
For more information you can visit